IIPL – Indian Premier League T20 2017 Playoff Scenario
Mumbai Indians placed at top in IPL 2017 points table, KKR, SRH, RPS, KXIP, RCB, DD and GL also in contest for Playoff race.
Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Rising Pune Supergiant, Kings XI Punjab and Delhi Daredevils are among favorite teams to qualify for IPL 2017 playoff matches.
Royal Challengers Bangalore and Gujarat Lions need to win remaining all matches to keep their hope alive for playoff. RCB have five points in seven played matches and one match abandoned due to rain. Gujarat Lions last placed in points table with four points, in same situation as RCB.
CricketZine Favorite Pick for Playoff
- Kolkata Knight Riders
- Mumbai Indians
- Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Delhi Daredevils
Indian Premier League points shall be compiled by BCCI, the positions in which shall be determined by the number of points gained with points being awarded as follows
- 2 points for each match won.
- 1 point per team taking part in any match with no result and any match which is tied (where it was not possible to complete a Super Over at the end of play or where the Super Over itself is tied);
- 1 point per team for any match involving such team which does not commence for any reason (other than where the reason for such non-commencement is a breach of the Operational Rules by one Franchisee which results in such Franchisee forfeiting such match); and
- 0 points for any match lost or forfeited.
- The team with the highest number of points shall be at the top of the table and the team with the lowest shall be at the bottom.
Where teams have an equal number of points their relative positions shall be determined by the following:
- The team with the most wins in matches in the League during the season will be placed in the higher position.
- If there are teams with equal points and equal wins during the season, then in such case the team with the higher net run rate (as calculated in clause 21.11 below) will be placed in the higher position
- If following the net run rate calculation above there are teams which are still equal, then the team with the higher number of wickets taken per balls bowled in the matches played that season in which results were achieved will be placed in the higher position
- If still equal at the end of the regular season then the team position will be determined by drawing lots.