CPL – Caribbean Premier League 2020 Points Table, Team Standings
CPL – Caribbean Premier League 2020 Point table for the Twenty20 tournament shall be compiled by West Indies Cricket Board, below full information of points provided on different situation.
Caribbean Premier League standings will be updated daily after match result with net run rate to know which teams are leading to the race of the playoff.
- 2 points awarded for each match won
- 1 point per team taking part in any match with no result and any match which is tied (super over not possible or super over also tied)
- 0 points awarded for any match lost
The 2020 Caribbean Premier League (CPL 8) is the eighth season of the Caribbean Premier League, the domestic Twenty20 cricket league in the West Indies. The Caribbean Premier League (CPL T20) is an annual Twenty20 cricket tournament held in the Caribbean, It is currently sponsored by Hero MotoCorp and hence officially named the Hero CPL. CPL 2020 will be held from August 18 behind closed doors in Trinidad & Tobago. The Caribbean Premier League will be the first of the T20 leagues to start its new season amid the COVID-19 pandemic. CPL 2020 has been scheduled to take place from August 18, with the final to be played on September 20. The league will be entirely held in Trinidad & Tobago in order to minimize the risk of players and staff catching the virus. The tournament has already been given its approval from the local authorities and the government.
CPL 2020 Points Table, Team Standings (PLD – Played Matches, PTS – Points)
- If any of the Final, the Eliminator, Qualifier 1 or Qualifier 2 matches are tied, or there is no result then The teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine which team is the winner of the match.
- If conditions do not permit a Super Over within the time available to determine the winner or if the Super Over is tied then the team which finished in the higher position in the League table will be the winner of the play-off match.